What are the symptoms of yellow spot disease?
Do you know what the yellow dot is that makes our eyes look colorful in the daytime? So what is the yellow spot disease? What are the symptoms of the disease? We have collected the answers to these questions in detail of our news. Here’s everything about the yellow dot and the disease.
The yellow name with the scientific name of macular degeneration usually occurs in people aged 60 years and over. The yellow dot is the retinal region that allows the eyes to see sharply and colored. Early treatment is very important in every disease.
This disease, which can jump from one eye to the other eye, is seen in two forms as age and dry. The most common type is dry. Dry yellow spot disease occurs gradually in almost every age group. Age yellow dot disease is the most common cause of permanent vision loss. Age is due to abnormal progressive growth in the blood vessels and fluid accumulation.
WHAT ARE THE REASONS OF YELLOW DISEASE DISEASE?
– Retina wall that weakens as you get older
– Family history
– Not enough vitamin A and C in the body
– exposure to direct sunlight
– Still live and lose weight
– Damage to blood vessels, blood pressure, high cholesterol and diabetes
– Sensitivity, such as light-colored eyes, may occur.
SIGNS OF YELLOW DISEASE?
– Sudden blackout
– clarity and discoloration
– Flat objects trapezoidal sight
– Foggy and blurred vision in between
– Symptoms such as progression in vision disorders are symptoms of yellow spot disease.
HOW DOES THE DIAGNOSIS OF YELLOW DISEASE DISEASE DO?
– Place a checkered sheet in front of the patient. If the patient looking at these frames on the paper has a severe inclination at the point of focus,
– A special dyestuff (fluorescein) is given from the anterior arm vein of the patient. This method is called angiography. A special tool then photographs the back of the eye. If there are abnormal veins between the retinal layers in yellow spot disease,
– Optical coherence tomography is a low light laser application. This application is done for 3 minutes. This laser method is used for diagnosis and treatment.
HOW DO THE YELLOW POINT TREATMENT?
A drug that is made by two methods is applied both in drug and laser treatment. One of them is Anti-VEGF. This application is made in 6 weeks. When the complaints are reduced, they are released. The other is given by a light-sensitive drug intravenous. In this way, the amount of fluid accumulated in the abnormal way is reduced.
For protection from yellow spot disease;
100 percent UV protected sunglasses should be used, In addition to vitamins A, C and E, zinc-rich foods should be fed.